Date: June 27th
Trainer: Kiri
Trainee/s: Andrew, Grant, Ryan, Jordan, Matt, Emma, Alyssa, Kelsey
Follow: Day 2
This was a big group to follow, however the day 1 trainer got them off to a good start because almost everyone seemed confident in their running skills and I saw that throughout the night.
Andrew- Andrew made a few mistakes throughout the night, however caught them himself and fixed it. He was always asking questions which I encouraged and was excited to be there. He formerly worked at a Houston Alamo for a little bit but said ours has a different feel to it which he likes and he has already leaned so much more!
Grant- He was a little quiet. After talking with him to be more vocal he did show more of an effort. I was happy to see that he always kept himself busy while there was no food to run. He would dry bowls, or wipe counters ect.
Ryan- He seemed very confident. He was always grabbing trays to run, when quizzing him, he knew most of the answers and if he was unsure about things he did ask questions.
Jordan- He was very quiet and didn't stand out to me too much. He did fine with running and prepped when needed, but I never noticed him stand out in any way throughout the night. I think he will be a good asset to the family once he becomes more comfortable in our environment.
Matt- He was a little nervous. When quizzing him he didn't want to say the wrong thing. When pulling flags he didn't feel confident. I talked with him and let him know to take his time and don't worry about everyone else and he seemed to feel better. He was rushing through things but after the talk he showed a lot of improvement and was excited about it. He was also a hard worker and proved that throughout the night.
Emma- When quizzing Emma she was unsure about a lot of the answers. She was nervous about being able to pass the test. I told her not to worry and pay attention and listen because a lot of the answers with come with participating and doing everything. When running she seemed to go to the wrong table many time. Again we talked and I let her know to slow down and read all your modifications and take your time before you enter the theater and she seemed to progress from there.
Alyssa- She wanted to try everything. When prepping vegetables, she asked to do carrots and celery. In theater cleans she did plastic cups one time and said she wanted to try something new the next. She showed a lot of effort throughout the night.
Kelsey- She was the most vocal in the group. She asked tons of questions throughout the night. If she saw something someone else did she was unsure of she wanted to learn from it and asked questions. She showed a lot of effort and was really excited about being there. I think she will be a strong worker. She too worked at a Houston Alamo for a short time.
What roles do you see the trainee/s attaining in their future with the Alamo Drafthouse family?
Andrew-Bar
Grant-Expo
Ryan- Server
Jordan-Expo Tickets
Matt-Expo
Emma-Runner
Alyssa-Bar/Server
Kelsey-Server
Did you cover all topics on the Follow Card? yes
Do you feel that the trainee/s was given enough guidance? Yes
What was something you learned from this train?
Training a group of 8 was a huge learning experience. I am still new to training and previously I've only had at a time. I'm still trying to figure out what works, what doesn't in my training and I was a little nervous to take on 8, however throughout the night I felt more confident in my training abilities as I figured out ways to break the newbies up into groups and follow each person so I gave everyone individual attention and really was able to focus on their abilities.
What feedback do you have to improve our training efforts?
I do feel confident in being able to train 8 at a time however I do think it is more effective to train a smaller group at a time, so when putting the training schedule together maybe break up bigger groups into smaller ones.
No comments:
Post a Comment