Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Date: 5/22/12

Trainer: Mic & Kiri

Trainee/s: Nick and Ashley 

Follow: Day 1

This day 1 started out fine. Quizzing went smooth, the trainees seemed interested and involved. As the night went on and we got more hands on, the difference between the two trainees started to show.


Ashley: She was a nervous one. Hesitant when picking up trays, reading tickets, approaching tables and repeating the process. She was really good with knowing the testing material but when it came to the hands on portion she basically balled up. No confidence what so ever. Her attention started to wander. I coached up as much as I could, but it seemed she got more nervous. Maybe she needs another approach? I started to second guess her commitment to her newly acquired job here at the Alamo. She needs heavy coaching!


Nick: This guy is a little young and kind of a spacer. But! Knows the material real well and caught on really quick. Responded well to our coaching. Seemed to get it. Not the fastest but has potential to be a solid runner. A little push will get him going. Reminds me of Patrick Pryor. One of those role players, which you need to have a solid team.   


Overall, Ashley needs major coaching. She needs to get comfortable, or I fear she is doomed to make many mistakes(ie napkins, silverware, spoons). Theater cleans I feel went real well, but due to the fact that there were only 2 of them, they missed doing dishes and sweeping, which were done by the servers while they were doing cups and glasses. Coach em up Alexander! 

No comments: