Thursday, March 8, 2012

Date: 3/07/2012

Trainer: Mike Apolinar

Trainee/s: Erica and Joel

Follow: Day 1

Please give a brief overview of the trainee/s performance during their follow, including strengths and weaknesses. List each in order if multiple trainees are present.

So this was a small class. I was able to give them more one on one coaching, and it definitely helped with the quizzing. 

Erica - She had previous restaurant experience so she was able to adapt easily. She was vocal, she knew what was going on and she seemed very into it. She stumbled a little bit in the quizzing area at first, be grew more confident. I look for her to stumble a bit at first with a new trainer, but once she gets comfortable she'll do just fine. She was really excited at the end of her shift. She said that this looks like a place for her, and wanted to progress as far as she could. She has a great attitude. With her personality, I look for her to become a server in no time.

Joel - Now Joel struggled a bit when we first started running. The reason being is this is his first job EVER. Well kind of, he previously coached little league soccer. I had to really coach him on kitchen lingo, tray carrying and just the over all hustle that is needed to work in a high volume place such as the Alamo. On his quizzing he did stellar and caught on quick. Overall I think he did great on his first go. Of course he will need more coaching, but I'm sure Alexander will excel in this department.
          

What roles do you see the trainee/s attaining in their future with the Alamo Drafthouse family?
Joel - Tickets
Erica - Server 

Did you cover all topics on the Follow Card?
Yes
Do you feel that the trainee/s was given enough guidance?
Yes
What was something you learned from this train?
It is real important to know the work history of your trainees.
What feedback do you have to improve our training efforts?
None today!

No comments: