Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Date: 3/20/2012

Trainer: Mike A

Trainee/s: Steven, Rory, Ariel, Veronica, Thad and Zack

Follow: Day 1

So this day was a little rough and also pretty good. I had a couple of workers that struggled a bit but through the night I saw improvement.  The volume was pretty low so running was minimal. I recommend making sure they got it before letting them loose because they hardly got practice. At times I felt that this class was a little immature and I had to get them to focus, but they seemed like solid workers. 


Steven - Seemed really confident. Rushed a bit on his running and almost forgot napkins a couple times, but I think he will turn out fine. Caught on with the material quick, and was quizzing and helping others while they had down time. I look for him to step it up on day 2.


Rory: Hard worker. Needs to be a tad bit vocal, but the effort is definitely their. Got distracted a few instances, and turned the corner with his head down a couple of times. An overall average display on his day 1.


Ariel - Lacked focus, seemed out of it at times. Even a couple times where she was bummed when I told her she had to wash her hands. Was quiet when quizzing and answered a few. She did seem independent when though. I look for her to really grasp it without a problem on her day 2. She needs to focus. 


Veronica - She was pretty good. Seemed like she understood material, she was asking questions, got running on lock, and was steller during the theatre clean. To me the stand out from the class. She does need to be vocal though. Shes small so she has to learn to make her presence known. I have confidence that she will continue to excel, push her Alexander.


Zack- He was also pretty good, he just didn't show me enough. Was vocal, iffy on the material, and seemed to understand the running process. I look for him to be one of the standouts on Day 2. Seems to have built a partnership with Thad, and thats what may be holding him back. 


Thad- I feel Thad, just didnt take the material serious enough. Was struggling to remember things we had just went over, and when asked to answer them he start laughing and make a joke out of it. Really needs to focus and get his head in the game. If he continues with his attitude he is going to have a hard time passing this test. I focused on him the most when quizzing, and told him that he really needed to study. I hope he does and turns it around on day 2.     


What roles do you see the trainee/s attaining in their future with the Alamo Drafthouse family?
Steven- Server
Rory - Expo
Ariel - Drinxpo
Zack- Server
Thad- Tickets
Veronica - Server

Did you cover all topics on the Follow Card?
yes
Do you feel that the trainee/s was given enough guidance?
yes
What was something you learned from this train?
That on slow volume days, really important to get as much as running as possible.

What feedback do you have to improve our training efforts?
Tell them that their training shift is expected to go on later than 9 pm. They have been getting emails saying that their day 1 will be till 9, and they feel like they are obligated to do so, so they bring in excuses on why they have to leave and always reference the email. 

No comments: