Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Date: 11-20

Trainer: Kiri

Trainee/s: Colin

Follow: Day 1

Today I was supposed to have 2 trainees but one didn't show up so I ended up having a one on one session. Colin was very nervous at first. He mentioned that he was scared of messing up. After reassuring him and telling him it's ok to take his time and not rush through things, he became more confident. In the beginning he was waiting for me to tell him to get a tray and doing things on his own. Later on in the night when I got caught helping drinkspo and expo he ended up taking initiative and running on his own. He was doing much better by the end of the night and felt more confident.

What roles do you see the trainee/s attaining in their future with the Alamo Drafthouse family?
Too early to tell
Did you cover all topics on the Follow Card?
I was unable to find someone to show him a bathroom check, so I will make sure during day 2 he gets that.
Do you feel that the trainee/s was given enough guidance?
Yes
What was something you learned from this train?
How to reassure the trainee when they feel like they don't belong.
What feedback do you have to improve our training efforts?
I was unable to do the new runner role play because there was not a theater blocked out for it, so I just trained him as we used to. I know I am training him day 2 and day 3 but I do think it is good to have different trainers throughout the week. I know we are short staff so it may be difficult but it's always good to get a different perspective on things.

No comments: