Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Date: 6/11/2013

Trainer: Brandon Kirkland

Trainee/s:
1)Moses Marrero
2)Joaquin Zarata

Follow: Day 1

Please give a brief overview of the trainee/s performance during their follow, including strengths and weaknesses. List each in order if multiple trainees are present.
1)Moses Marrero - Late 2 minutes. The rest of the training went really well. Seems to understand the importance of hussling while cleaning and/or running. Hard worker and takes direction well.
2)Joaquin Zarata - Quiet but, listened well. Constantly needed to be pushed to keep up his pace throughout the day. During food running Moses was able to run out 2 tables worth of food before Joaquin dropped his first food item. Was able to walk upstairs and get uniforms and come back before he got through with vacuuming half of the lobby. Needs major work on sense of urgency.

If Day Three Follow, please post trainee/s Certification score and/or retake score.
N/A
What roles do you see the trainee/s attaining in their future with the Alamo Drafthouse family?
1)Moses Marrero - Has a good amount of bartending experience but, could probably serve or bartend.
2)Joaquin Zarata - Unsure
Did you cover all topics on the Follow Card?
Yes
Do you feel that the trainee/s was given enough guidance?
Due to the lobby cleaning taking longer than usual and management wanting to cut trainees early for labor purposes, some of the items had to be rushed. For these items (such as bathroom cleans and prep work) I gave them as much information as I could but, assigned each trainee homework to study for the things I feel they needed more exposure to.
What was something you learned from this train?
Less people doesn't necessarily make for and easier training session. Today there was only 1 other runner and things started to get busy with kids camp before I was able to finish runner role-play. We managed to get all of the training in anyways but, I can see how it might be a problem with difference circumstances.
What feedback do you have to improve our training efforts?
With the new menu role-outs neither of my trainee's had runner survival guides. We printed some at the last second for them to review at home but, having materials ready is a huge help. Without anything to reference it's harder for some people to retain the information I'm giving.

No comments: