Date: 7-24-12
Trainer: Kiri
Trainee/s: Sarah, Megan, Liz, Mitch, David, Taylor, Philip
Follow: Day 1
I had no idea I was walking in to train 7 people. It's a big group, however I have confidence in my skills so I believe if they take my information in, they will be awesome! This was a quiet group, but after all of them realized you have to be loud in the kitchen some of them loosened up. There were a lot of mistake by expos and the runners were catching most of them so I think they will be good.
Sarah- Throughout the day I took the group outside to talk to them. I gave them a lot of information and it was a lot of me talking. I don't know if I was boring or if she didn't get much sleep last night but she didn't seem to be paying attention a lot of the time and falling asleep. When running she was very nervous at first so I am going to watch her closely on day two and give her more confidence!
Megan-When quizzing her over the test she was on top of everything. She seems like a smart girl and I think she will be a hard worker once she gets used to everything.
Liz- She was at the top of my list. She was one of the few that did things without me asking. She did bathroom checks on her own, she went right for the trays and asked to go first when starting out. I think she is a good fit.
Mitch- N/A
David- He didn't stand out to me. He was quiet. He seemed to understand running and did that fine. I will watch him more on day two to get a better feel of him.
Taylor- He asked a lot of questions which I like. He was quiet at first but once I broke the group in half he seemed to feel more comfortable.
Philip (Peanut Butter)- He was the other person that stood out to me. He seemed confident and he seemed like he was having fun. He was always grabbing trays and always volunteering. He will be a great asset to the family. He seems like a hard worker. He knows Johnny, Amber M, and others from S. Lamar.
What roles do you see the trainee/s attaining in their future with the Alamo Drafthouse family?
It's hard to tell on day one however today Philip and Liz stood out to me as hard workers. We will see for day 2 and 3.
Did you cover all topics on the Follow Card? No, we didn't go over how to make popcorn.
Do you feel that the trainee/s was given enough guidance? Yes
What was something you learned from this train? I am always learning something and today I learned how to manage big groups. I had 7 of them which is a little bigger than I would like, however I split them in 2 groups and had one group prepping while I was focusing on running with the other group. Then I let that group pair off and took the other group out. It seemed to work well.
What feedback do you have to improve our training efforts? smaller groups :D
No comments:
Post a Comment