Friday, July 27, 2012

Date: 7-25

Trainer: Kiri

Trainee/s: Megan Liz Sarah Mitch Taylor David Philip (PB)

Follow: Day 2

Today seemed to run much smoother than yesterday. More people stood out to me and worked hard today. They are good about reading the whole ticket but some people were reading the check # rather than the table # and running to the wrong table so Day 3 trainer may want to bring that up again.


Megan- She was the first person to pull a flag today and she was a rock star at prebussing. She was always grabbing trays and not timid at all. She stood out today and I think she will be an awesome asset! A few times she had to find the server because she was getting a lot of no claim items. I don't know if it was something she was doing or it just happened to be her every time. When I followed her she did awesome. Maybe keep an eye on that for day 3.


Liz- She continued to work hard. I don't have any feedback to give her. When it was slower she was always keeping herself busy and running came easy to her. Again one of the top of this group. 


Sarah- She seemed to come out of her shell a little bit. She was staying on top of bathroom checks which was good but sometimes she would go check them at the wrong time (like during a rush) After talking with her she always asked before to make sure it was a good time. 


Mitch- Mitch did better today. He needs more confidence. He's really shy and doesn't talk a lot so I never knew how he was doing unless I pulled him aside one by one. Push him on Day 3 because I know he has it in him, he just might be nervous for a new job.


Taylor- He showed more confidence today and did things without me asking. Again he asked a lot of questions which I like. You can tell he wants to be here and he is enjoying it. I think he'll be good!


David- He seemed a little shy or maybe just quiet. He didn't talk a lot but running was fine. At times he seemed to hustle then other times he looked confused. He did many bathroom checks without asking and cleaned the popper without complaints :)


Philip (PB)- You can tell he wants to be here. He knows some of the servers so he already feels comfortable here. He did an awesome job at running and I think he'll quickly move up in the alamo world.

What roles do you see the trainee/s attaining in their future with the Alamo Drafthouse family?
Megan- Expo eventually server 
Liz- Expo, Bar
Sarah- Runner 
Mitch- Runner 
Taylor-Bar 
David-Runner, Tickets 
Philip (PB)- Server


Did you cover all topics on the Follow Card? Yes

Do you feel that the trainee/s was given enough guidance? Yes

What was something you learned from this train? Even if it's a large group to talk to them individually because many people said everything was great in the group talks but when I talked with each person alone they seemed to ask a lot more questions.

What feedback do you have to improve our training efforts? None

No comments: