Thursday, July 5, 2012

Date: July 4th Happy Birthday Magnited States of America!

Trainer: Kiri

Trainee/s: Ashley, Mary-Rose, Yess

Follow: Day 2

I had no idea I was going to be training today. I came in an hour late and was told Alexander was outside with a training group and to go take over. I love to train so of course I'm up for it!

With that being said, Alexander did a great job, even with all the confusion, getting these trainees off to an awesome start. This was a solid group and eager to learn!


Ashley- I noticed her standing around waiting for food to be in the window instead of "keeping herself busy" After talking with her she was unsure of some things to do, so I showed her a few things even if EVERYTHING was done and it's a slow slow day. After we talked she seemed more comfortable and started to do things on her own. She was a strong runner and didn't find anything wrong in that area.


Mary-Rose- When testing everyone she was the most confident in answering. She asked to go first on a lot of things. She asked for the hardest job when closing and she had a positive attitude the whole night. Again strong runner.


Yess- She was very quite. She didn't talk to many people however she did come to me if she had any questions. I think it will take time for her to get comfortable with everyone. We do have a lot of employees working and it can be intimidating. I think in time she will have confidence and be awesome. Again strong runner and did great with closing. She did most the closing duties and really listened.

What roles do you see the trainee/s attaining in their future with the Alamo Drafthouse family?

Ashley- Expo
Mary-Rose- Expo, Tickets
Yess- Expo

Did you cover all topics on the Follow Card? Yes, however Alexander I would go over pulling flags once more. They didn't all get a chance to do it tonight and go over the importance of the Name on the flag and when to pull flags please! Also I would go over the order of theater cleans. They seemed to ask every time what next instead of just getting in there.

Do you feel that the trainee/s was given enough guidance? Yes of course ;)

What was something you learned from this train? You have to be ready for anything. Again, I wasn't expecting to train today however, today and last week with the huge group I learned you have to be ready. Anything can come to you. I am always looking to be pushed and want to learn as much as I am so I am up for it!

What feedback do you have to improve our training efforts? Look at Alexanders previous statement. I agree completely. 

No comments: