Date: 11/26/2013
Trainer: Brandon Kirkland
Trainee/s:
1) Hue (Will update last name)
Follow: Day 1 Runner
Please give a brief overview of the trainee/s performance during their follow, including strengths and weaknesses. List each in order if multiple trainees are present.
1) Hue - Today was a bit rushed but, Hue did really well. You can tell that he's been in the industry for a while. We sped through most of the training material in order to get him on the floor early and he looked comfortable from the very beginning. As far as I saw he only made one small mistake with napkins but, he caught himself and fixed it without any coaching.
If Day Three Follow, please post trainee/s Certification score and/or retake score.
N/A
What roles do you see the trainee/s attaining in their future with the Alamo Drafthouse family?
1) Hue - Server or Bartender, I believe he has previous experience with both.
Did you cover all topics on the Follow Card?
Yes but, we blew through a lot of the early classroom training at a faster than normal pace in order to have him help run food.
Do you feel that the trainee/s was given enough guidance?
Yes and No, I feel that Hue performed very well and learned what he needed to but, only because he had a lot of experience under his belt. With anybody else it would have been a very rough day and it could have caused issues with the trainees overall ability to perform their job. It's already hard for people to absorb some of the training in the first 3 days and cutting the classroom portion down to such a short period of time may be reflected in the trainee making more mistakes on the job.
What was something you learned from this train?
It's not necessarily something new but, the cleaning of the lobby at the beginning of the day is by far the least efficient process during the training day. Normally I would have the trainees do all of the steps themselves in order to let the steps sink in but, because of time constraints I did most of the cleaning myself today and it allowed get started on the classroom portion of the day almost an hour earlier. I may try to play around with cleaning half of the lobby to see if spending more time in the classroom will produce better results in running proficiency.
What feedback do you have to improve our training efforts?
I know that there's a good amount of stuff that's covered on orientation day that get's repeated on trainee's day 1. I'd like to sit in on an orientation day to figure out what things I may be able to cut out of training. Anything that can be cut out or consolidated would save time and allow me to give more skill focused training.
No comments:
Post a Comment