Date: 8-23
Trainer: Kiri
Trainee/s: David W. (Kitchen)
Follow: Day 1 EXPO
Tonight was good because it wasn't as busy as a normal shift. Again I was able to show him where everything was and how we do prep lists and theater cleans and then we got into the expo work.
David seemed a little nervous when it got a little busy and went slower at times but when he got more confidence he was doing great. At times he would forget to put ketchup on queso fries or put the pizzas on a pizza tin but after constantly reminding him he would remember. That is the only thing I would keep an eye on.
Test- 96%
Did you cover all topics on the Follow Card? Yes
Do you feel that the trainee/s was given enough guidance? Yes. I didn't have him check out the runners today for closing duties. I had my last trainee do that though. I do think it is important so they know everything that needs to be done in case runners ask.
What was something you learned from this train? How to keep the trainee focused. I know it's different having kitchen people train on expo and may times people would want to talk and play around with my trainee which there is always time for that but I learned that I had to treat this training like I would treat anyone else training on Expo or anywhere else.
What feedback do you have to improve our training efforts? I know we are trying to fast track everyone in the kitchen but there should maybe be an opening train and a closing train so they know how to do both.
No comments:
Post a Comment