Date: 01/19/12
Trainer: Mike Apolinar
Trainee/s: Ryan, Meagan
Follow: Day 2
Awesome training shift! I Really look forward to working with trainees more the same in the future. So lets jump right into it:
Ryan: Now Ryan is a runner that I feel is full of potential. He displayed initiative, work ethic and some leadership qualities. Sometimes i get runners that are scared to jump in the mix and feel a little intimidated, but this wasn't a problem for Ryan. The only weakness that I noticed about Ryan was just the minor lack of knowledge about some of the items we serve here at the Alamo. I quizzed him before I allowed him to start running, and he answered a little below average. But he was determined to learn as he urged me to keep questioning him throughout the night. By the end of the shift he was on point. I would definitely recommend a quick bump up to expo.
Meagan: Meagan was awesome, and I reminded her all shift long. Hard working and VERY consistent. She ran like a champ. Took direction really well. Her strongest point comes in on how much she knew. When I quizzed her she was outstanding. She wasn't really guessing, she was confident in what she was answering. The only complaint that I have on her, which I was challenging her all night on, was being more vocal. Little things like "corner" "behind you" and asking the expo, "more for ___!?" I kept telling her to make her presence known in the kitchen, to be like Shaq in the post. I would recommend a quick bump up to drink expo.
What roles do you see the trainee/s attaining in their future with the Alamo Drafthouse family?
Ryan to expo, ultimately to server, and as for Meagan, to drink expo, ultimately to the bar.
Did you cover all topics on the Follow Card?
Of course.
Do you feel that the trainee/s was given enough guidance?
YES
What was something you learned from this train?
Its really a continuation of what I've been learning. That no one trainee is the same, so my training methods shouldn't be either. I have to learn to be more versatile and really tailor my training to each particular trainee, but with all the same standards of course.
What feedback do you have to improve our training efforts?
Maybe start scheduling training shifts, day 1 2 3 on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. So just incase one falls short, there isn't shifts that have to be picked up the following week. And also there's less confusion on when and what day Day 3 follow is on.
No comments:
Post a Comment