Saturday, January 21, 2012

Day 3 Training Ryan and Meghan

Date: 1/21/12

Trainer: Ryanne Zebrowski

Trainee/s: Ryan H. and Meghan

Certification Test score/s: 
Ryan 98% 
Meghan 98%


I Just wanted to start off by saying that I am thoroughly impressed with the training Meghan and Ryan had received at South Lamar. They came to me prepared, confidant, and ready to learn about Lakecreek.

Ryan: All around Ryan was fantastic! I had high expectations for him after reading the notes of his first 2 follows and he definitely filled those shoes. I only had and hour with them to tour Lakecreek, go over some troubleshooting, and then I set them free. I stayed back in the kitchen to help run food and keep an eye on them. He displayed great initiative by moving quickly and keeping his hands full. He asked questions when necessary and had no problem handling the situations thrown at him throughout the shift. By the end of the day I had multiple co-workers tell me that he was already doing an awesome job and had great speed. Quizzing them throughout their train at South Lamar definatly payed off and he passed his test with flying colors. I wish we could keep him at Lakecreek!


Meghan:  She had no problem navigating through Lakecreek and learning the differences between our venue and South Lamar. Meghan is very quiet and reserved, she appeared lost at times and didn't speak up if she had questions. I had to keep asking her if she had questions or needed more time to work with me. She was slow when running food and had to keep re-checking her tickets to make sure she was going to the correct theater and seat number. I ended up running trays with her and trying to get her to keep up with me. Maybe more time and practice will build her confidence in herself but until then I will be keeping and eye on her and try my best to lead her in the right direction. Despite her lack of confidence, she had tremendous knowledge of all of our food items and I was not surprised when she did so well on her test.




What roles do you see the trainee/s attaining in their future with the Alamo Drafthouse family?
Ryan will be an amazing server or bartender. He has experience with both and already proving his work ethic. He will be transferring to Slaughter and I feel she should be considered to be a server for the opening.
Meghan would like to become a bartender however I feel she has some work to do before this may become possible. Because she is a bit slow I would worry about her speed behind the bar. I do not want to jump to conclusions so I will continue to motivate her in the right direction if behind the bar is where she'd truly like to be. I would suggest that she go to a drink running class or drink expo before any decisions are made.  

Did you cover all topics on the Follow Card? Yes

Do you feel that the trainee/s was given enough guidance? Yes

What was something you learned from this train?
I actually learned a lot about my trainees before I even met them. This blogger proved very helpful because I knew what to expect when I began the training shift with them.  
Ryan and Meghan both told me how helpful it was when Mike and Alexander were quizzing them on the food items throughout the train. They said it helped a lot when they took their certification tests. In the future with new trainees I will continue to quiz them while with me a Lakecreek considering how much it helped. Thanks guys!
What feedback do you have to improve our training efforts?
None really. Like I said before kudos to the trainers at South Lamar! You made it easy on me! :)

No comments: