Date: 2/02/12
Trainer: Mike
Trainee/s: Meagan, Sammy, Kaitlyn and Erin
Follow: Day 2
Please give a brief overview of the trainee/s performance during their follow, including strengths and weaknesses. List each in order if multiple trainees are present.
Let me start off by saying this class was pointed in the right direction. For that I would like to thank Alexander. They took coaching reall well. The shift started a little weird. Meagan, Sammy and Erin were here on time, but Mike and Kaitlyn were not. I later learned that Mike would not be coming in, due to a personal matter, and Kaitlyn ran into a situation. She showed up late but the proper discipline action was taken. Because of being late, she missed out on some of the quizzing and was playing catch up on some of the material. In the beginning, I thought I had a group of quiet and timid trainees. I started off by telling them that i wanted them to jump in the mix and show confidence. They responded very well, and took action. Pulling flags, being vocal and doing more than expected. I was really impressed. With that said lets get into their day.
Meagan- Meagan was awesome. She was responsive, took initiative and gave extra effort. She was really easy to train. I told her what she needed to improve on and she responded well. She paid attention, her speed was fair, and she stayed alert. The only thing is, along with the rest of this class, is just the confidence level. I felt once she gained it, she was awesome. So look for her to be a slow starter, and then slowly but surely improve as she gets into her groove.
Sammy - Sammy was pretty good. She seemed a little more confident than the rest of the class, and i feel she'll continue to improve. She was vocal but I really felt she could be more vocal. I felt that she had somewhat of leadership qualities that were dying to come out. I would like her to be pushed, because I feel she could probably be a solid expo. I feel, once she learns the ropes, she'll do great. Also by the end of the night, she was the strongest with the testing material. So I look for her to score the highest and pass with no problem.
Erin - Erin was a little tricky to figure out. At times she was really quiet, but from time to time she would march from the window and yell corner. Also she was very strong in answering the material. When we first had met, I had gotten the vibe that she was a quiet one. I decided to break that barrier and urged the class to be vocal and confident and take charge. She then admitted that she had to step up and she showed vast improvement throughout the night. She is not the fastest, but I felt that she worked hard and was consistant.
Kaitlyn - Kaitlyn started off a step behind but i will say, that she wanted to prove that she belonged and she wanted this job. She had said that she didn't have her study guide to study, and it showed with quizzing. She really missed a lot of questions on her first go, but wanted to improve badly. She showed determination. She said she gets a little nervous, and yes this is true, but she was working hard at putting that aside, and boosting her confidence level. I told her that i wanted her to jump in the mix, and thats exactly what she did. I was very impressed. Her strong point was during closing. Where the other trainees felt a little tired, she took charge and really was the MVP of the night. A nice bounce back to a rough start. A complete 180 in the atitude that I had seen a day before, in which I saw her back down from challenges. She really gave a 110 percent today.
If Day Three Follow, please post trainee/s Certification score and/or retake score.
What roles do you see the trainee/s attaining in their future with the Alamo Drafthouse family?
Meagan- Server
Sammy - Expo/ Drinkspo
Erin - Expo (but she wants to do projection, prior experience)
Kaitlyn - Tickets
Did you cover all topics on the Follow Card?
Yessir
Do you feel that the trainee/s was given enough guidance?
Yes
What was something you learned from this train?
I learned that if you communicate with your trainee on what your looking for, as far as improvement, you will then see their true colors.
What feedback do you have to improve our training efforts?
Take falafel off the test lol
No comments:
Post a Comment