Trainer: Mike Apolinar
Trainee/s: 6 - Marshall, Whitney, Bostic, Crystal, Charles and Kelsi
Follow: Day 2
Please give a brief overview of the trainee/s performance during their follow, including strengths and weaknesses. List each in order if multiple trainees are present.
*I quizzed and reviewed the trainees over the NEW training material*
Okay, this is the most trainees I have had thus far, so it was a learning experience. I tried to study each trainee to learn their qualities and roles throughout the night. Overall I feel that I did not get the full vibe of there work ethic, due to the fact that we had another class also running during the 7's, and well it was pretty slow to begin with. At times we had a line of 8-10 runners waiting to grab a tray or item from the window. I encouraged them to keep busy, by sweeping, cleaning or simply reading their survival guide. So I will ask that Day 3 Trainers if you could, to reiterate the "runner flow" of grabbing and running a tray, then immediately going back and repeating the process, so they don't get used to just going back and somewhat holding off. Now lets get into the trainees.
For the Village, I believe you will be getting Bostic and Whitney.
Bositc - I feel she is willing to work, and is willing to follow directions. Her performance was average. At times I was hoping she'd jump and step up, but i never saw her take initiative. I felt that I had to keep telling her what to do to keep her on track. I would recommend her running for awhile, so that she could become comfortable and confident.
Whitney - Whitney was a good runner, not the fastest, but a solid worker. She was confident, and maybe a little to confident. There was a situation involving a server and her, disagreeing with directions that I had given her, and what the server was telling her to do. The server may have been a little rude, and I may not agree with what the server was saying, but i did not agree with and how Whitney handled the situation. I believe she has former corporate training experience with another company, which explains her confidence. It was a minor situation, nothing to big but just something to note and to be aware of. Other than that, I thought she was solid, and seems very responsible.
Now for South Lamar
We will be getting Marshall, Crystal, Charles and Kelsi
Marshall- Marsall seems pretty solid in his work ethic. Hustles, asks to do more and knocked out bathroom checks like a champ. He was also the most solid when I quizzed him. At times he would talk, or hold a conversation with other trainees and co-workers and lose focus for a bit. Other than that i feel he was the hardest worker out of the bunch. I would say a quick bump to expo.
Crystal - Crystal was awesome. Vocal, consistant, and a positive attitude. I can definitely see her becoming a server. I didn't really find a negative point.
Charles - Charles was to me, the black sheep. Seemed tired, unmotivated and not to confident. Its like he had a case of the Mondays. He ran consistant, but lacked effort in some areas, especially closing. He mentioned he worked another job, which might explain why he ran out of gas. He also had a problem with some of the days he was scheduled because of conflict with his other job. I would recommend keeping him running for while (to get used to the pace of Alamo) and also giving him non-closing shifts, which is where we need the most reliable people.
Kelsi - Kelsi was a okay, followed directions real well, and stayed busy. Could really work on her confidence level, but I also feel thats because she is pretty young. Surrounded by a lot of people who are older can be a little intimidating so I put that into consideration. Seems very talkative, and outgoing. I would definitely, keep her running for while, and maybe a move to tickets?
If Day Three Follow, please post trainee/s Certification score and/or retake score.
What roles do you see the trainee/s attaining in their future with the Alamo Drafthouse family?
Bostic- Runner/Drink Runner
Whitney - Expo/Server
Marshall - Expo/Server
Crystal - Server
Charles - Runner
Kelsi - Runner/Tickets
Did you cover all topics on the Follow Card?
Yes-dum-diddly-ooo-doe
Do you feel that the trainee/s was given enough guidance?
For how many trainees yes, but compared to my smaller classes like when there are 3 trainees, No. I feel some of my past trainees are a couple steps ahead with knowledge and experience. I understand the time table that we are on, due to Slaughter, and that WE ALL need to step up in the training department, but I cant help but feel responsible for any lack of knowledge that my trainees come across. I know training more than 5 runners is nothing new, but the bar for our test and expectations are now set higher than ever, which can be really challenging.
What was something you learned from this train?
I am pushing myself and learning to create new ways to approach classes that are larger in size. I am in no way complaining. I feel up to the challenge stated above, and feel ready to tackle this tough time so we can help get Slaughter up to par with the best employees possible.
What feedback do you have to improve our training efforts?
I love meetings! Another Alamo U meeting, to evaluate our performances and talk about where us as trainers, can improve. Maybe discuss our own techniques to better our training experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment