Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Date: 2/7/2012

Trainer: Mike Apolinar

Trainee/s: Simon, Amanda, Alex, Christine and Sean

Follow: Day 1

Please give a brief overview of the trainee/s performance during their follow, including strengths and weaknesses. List each in order if multiple trainees are present.


Today was a pretty good training shift. Everyone came ready to learn and willing to work. I started off by quizzing them, even before the tour, and it seemed they paid very close attention during their runner class. When it came to prep, they understood and knocked it out with minimal questions. As far as running, they started off nervous, but I sort of threw them in the deep end. I felt confident they'd catch on quick, and that's exactly what happend. It's kind of funny, because they pretty much all the same person. No one really stood out to me in a good or bad way. Just a really solid day 1 performance. I do look for a couple of people to break out though on day 2.


Simon - Simon was great when it came to quizzing. Knew a lot, and what he didn't know, I saw him quickly trying to memorize. Multiple times he urged me to keep quizzing which was awesome. He probably could be a little faster running, but I think for his age, he was fast enough. Runner is usually a young position, but i think he kept up just fine.  Seems very responsible.


Amanda - I was kind of worried when I first met her, cause she seemed like a very quiet person. When it came to quizzing, she was the most confident. As far as running I think she was the most nervous. As the night progressed, I saw much more confidence. She did take direction really well, and was more vocal than I thought. Though, she might need more coaching to be more vocal. Speed could also be worked on, we'll see how she responds on day 2.


Alex - Alex was the one, I think that took up running the fastest. She had no problem memorizing table numbers, and ran like a champ. She was pretty vocal, and acted like she belonged. As far as the material. she was average at first, but throughout the night she was getting it. At times during the questions, I though she wasn't paying attention and looking off into space, but I think thats just the way she was thinking of the answer. The only problem i saw, was during portioning and restocking, where she seemed kind of hesitant towards the prep. I do look for her to break out during day 2 for sure and running at full potential.


Christine - She also took up running really quick. She was all around solid. Maybe needs to pick the pace a little, but i feel that will come with time. Stood out the most only because she was the most vocal of the bunch. It seemed when I asked the group to make a decision on how they wanted to go about something, she was like the "spokesperson". She also knew the material real well and I look for her to excel on day 2 and know most of the questions.      

Sean- Sean was mostly in the background today. Although I think he gave a solid effort, i think he just got out shined. I thought he was a solid runner, but didn't really stand out today. Took directions really well and worked prep like a champ. When it came to the quizzing material, He kind of let everyone else answer, not always, but most of the time. I am pretty sure he knew the material, he just wasn't speaking up. Alexander if you would, throw the spotlight on this guy.



What roles do you see the trainee/s attaining in their future with the Alamo Drafthouse family?
Simon - Bar
Amanda - Expo
Alex - Tickets
Christine - Bar
Sean - Expo

Did you cover all topics on the Follow Card?
Yes

Do you feel that the trainee/s was given enough guidance?
Yes, they got taught really well in that runner class, thanks Jarsh!

What was something you learned from this train?
That we have Pans now instead of baskets! Looks like were going to have to update the training material again! lol 

What feedback do you have to improve our training efforts?
I just want to give a shout out to the whole training staff! From Gina and Kody and all  the way to the trainers. I think we are filling Slaughter with AMAZING employees that really know there stuff. It's really something when a new hire can stump a tenured employee. We set that bar really high for new hires and I think most are obtaining our standards and hitting the ground running. Lets keep up the great work!   

No comments: