Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Date: 2/9/12

Trainer: Mike Apolinar

Trainee/s: Jarid, Ace, Justin, Westin, Anthony and Lily 

Follow: Day 1

Today, was the best training shift I have had thus far. Everybody gave 110% and proved to me that nothing was going to stand in their way. They wanted this job, and their was no ifs ands or buts. They were vocal, took initiative and were all around solid in each category. I had let them know the standards that I was looking for and they responded to perfection. For a Day 1, it is what any trainer hopes for. 


Jarid - Jarid is a hard worker. He spoke up from the very beginning and was asking questions trying to understand as much as he could. As we were quizzing, he answered a couple wrong, but he was determined to learn the answer. He ran like a champ, had no problems.


Ace - Worried me bit, as a quiet type, but immediately proved me wrong. On point, and very efficient.  Showed  the most hustle, and ran more trays than any other of the trainees. Really fell into the mix of the things and really blended in.


Justin - This guy probably has the most potential. I feel he is probably the most responsible and just looks like he can take care of things. Strongest all around, and I feel, if he opened up just a little bit more, he would be the most fit for serving. Has that "it" factor. Only negative is that he is a Los Angeles Clippers fan. Boo. Go Lakers.


Westin - He is the main trainee that I called out durring the introduction. I told him that i feel that he may need to speak up, and not to be scared. He responded by talking to me the most and proving to me that I was 100%WRONG. He took charge, and never looked back. Ran like a champ. Seems quiet, and collective, but dont let that fool you, he is a hard worker.


Anthony - Anthony is something else. He was the most knowledgable, caught on the fastest, and ran like a vet. I did not have to worry one bit about this guy. Like Westin, I told him that i feared that he be a quiet one, but again, like Westin he responded really well. I look for this guy to score a perfect score on his test. 


Lily - Lastly, she was the one that was kind of in the background. BUT....she was all around a bad a**. Knowledgeable, caught on quick and took initiative, and stayed bust throughout her shift. I thought she was great.


As you can see, everyone has positive comments. It was just that kind of night. I hope that these trainees continue to show and prove their hard work and commitment. I quizzed them pretty rough from the start, and I feel, that that prepared them to excel as the night went on. Alexander PUSH them further!  



   
What roles do you see the trainee/s attaining in their future with the Alamo Drafthouse family?
I feel everyone Could easily be bumped up pretty quick to expo. Though Justin I feel is the most server ready.
Did you cover all topics on the Follow Card?
Yes
Do you feel that the trainee/s was given enough guidance?
Yes. Although there was a couple of mistakes that servers mentioned, we had 2 runner classes, and also week old runners. So it was hard to tell where the mistakes were coming from. But I jumped on them as if they made the mistake, and explained to them the proper way to correct mistakes, and also how to avoid them.
What was something you learned from this train?
That quizzing them prior to doing anything, prepares them for certain and most situations that they could possibly run into.
What feedback do you have to improve our training efforts?
No feedback this time around, everything was GREAT! 

No comments: