Date: 2/3/2012
Trainer: Mike Apolinar
Trainee/s: Marshall, Kelsi and Charles
Follow: Day 3
Please give a brief overview of the trainee/s performance during their follow, including strengths and weaknesses. List each in order if multiple trainees are present.
Today was much better than their day two. The trainees showed confidence, and a little more pep in their step. They arrived early, and started studying, which showed their hunger for the job. Since it was day 3 I gave them a lot of freedom to roam and decide how to stay busy. They responded well by consistently checking the restrooms, doing line sweeps, prep and baskets & bowls. Lets get into thier individual performance:
Marshall: Marshall was no doubt, the strongest of the bunch. He was fast, he was efficient, he kept up with most of the bathroom checks, and was well in the mix. He also scored the highest on his quiz. I think a very good addition to the Alamo family.
Kelsi - Kelsi was solid as well. She stayed busy doing baskets, restroom checks and line sweeps. She could probably pick her speed up on running, but I am sure she will do fine once she finds her niche. She did pretty well on the quiz as well, passing the first time. I had a conversation with her, and from what I learned, is that she can be stern, with also a fun personality. This made me feel like she would be ideal for tickets.
Charles - Charles had a much better day than what he displayed on day 2. Seemed more aware and also seemed like he was ready to work. He also knew more of the material than he did on day 2 which showed that he had studied. But, he also could had studied the material more in detail. The first time he took his quiz, he had failed, due to questions that were half and unanswered. I graded it with him and we went over it as I did this. I really try to motivate him and tried to squeeze that effort out. After we had went over it together, I sensed a more confident atitude, and he scored much higher on his test. I was proud, because I felt like he brought it, compared to his not so great day 2.
If Day Three Follow, please post trainee/s Certification score and/or retake score.
Marshall 95%
Kelsi 94.5%
Charles 87.5% / 94.5%
What roles do you see the trainee/s attaining in their future with the Alamo Drafthouse family?
Marshall - Expo/Server
Kelsi - Tickets
Charles Runner/expo - Due to schedule
Did you cover all topics on the Follow Card?
Yes
Do you feel that the trainee/s was given enough guidance?
Yes
What was something you learned from this train?
That encouragement and positive coaching can really boost a persons confidence level.
What feedback do you have to improve our training efforts?
I would please ask to not schedule a closing shift for a Day 3 follow. I wasn't really sure when to administer the test, and work time for the closing duties. Last night, we were the last runners, and were testing all the way to 1:30, and the Expos had to do the runner closing duties. The middle of the shift was used for multiple theatre cleans, a shift meal and then the 10 o clock rush. So I felt the only time to give the test was before closing, which ended up taking quite a while.
No comments:
Post a Comment